Friday, June 1, 2012

Kenya; Nairobi and Kisumu.

Well, to start off, sorry for taking my time with this one! But back to business, I really don't know what to say about Nairobi and Kisumu all together so I am going to just highlight some funny moments and some controversies, that will be all for this blog, my apologies.

As for Nairobi, I had been waiting to be amazed by talented 'near future' stars from the home of Tusker Project fame but I have to admit I was barely impressed. But hey, on the flip side, there were a few really good contestants who gave there best. Kudos to the judges, great job this time around.
Linda! Big intro but your mascara (is that what they call it? the eye pencil stuff?) kind of scared me, I don't know about you guys. If I was a judge, it follows that the make up would in a way change a yes to a NO! For all the politicians out there, call me a conservative... lol.

Off to Kisumu! Before I start talking about the ever interesting Kisumu, how come there were no auditions in Eldoret? Or did I miss it? Kisumu was awesome, great performances and for the first time, at least in my case, I have seen the judges reconsider someone's performance - awesome! Or was there another instance they reconsidered someone? You can watch the highlights and intros through these links:

Nairobi Auditions - Part 1, youtube video.
Nairobi Auditions - Part 2, youtube video
Nairobi Auditions - Part 3, youtube video

Comedy and Laughable Moments!
There was this Micheal Jackson guy - he should get some kind of award, am not sure under what category but he tried man! He had some determination, come on guys... be with me on this one. Then there's this guy called Kibet, I won't give comments on my own because I did find a really funny comment on YouTube (am not plagiarizing, just saying that this was said by someone!!). Here's how that comment read: That kibet...lol..hata kama ni ukale.... ".. A campler(gambler)..." lol. Kenny Rodgers will sue u for murdering his song!. Hahahahah is all I can say to that! Here is another YouTube comment that brought tears to my eyes! Not that I was sad, and not tears of joy either - just that I laughed hard enough to shed tears: "Lindarrrrr just keep staying out of the country."

Controversial Moments
Irene! Now here is where my agreement with the judges got a little sore. How about you guys? Surely they should reconsider Irene just as they did reconsider the other guy in Kisumu. Yet another comment from YouTube: "surely, Irene has it all, i dont get y she was rejected, chic ebu go try out for idols or xfactor, m sure simon would say yes. you have it, these guys r way too unfair".  But oh well! According to me, Irene was great and she will indeed find another way to fame if she decides to!

To conclude this, do you think we (Kenyans especially) are becoming too American? Or too Western perhaps? I mean, I look at Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi etc and I can clearly make an identity specific to them, do we have one original one? Food for thought.

Look out for a new post on the top 25,

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment